Saturday, July 2, 2011

Sticking around over the 4th? Join us in celebrating Peter Falk with a showing of "Wings of Desire" July 2nd.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51V0ZMBPPRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

MINGLE TIME: 8:30pm
MOVIE TIME: 9:20ish
DATE: July 2, 2011

"Wings of Desire" (1987, Directed by Wim Wenders) is certainly not a work that Peter Falk will be remembered for. In fact, he's not even the central character of the movie. But I was so impressed when I saw this film when it came out, I always promised myself I'd see it again. And now, Pam and I get to show it to my friends in neighbors in our backyard.

It's described as a "romantic fantasy film" about angels in Berlin who bring quiet comfort to the people of the city. But one angel longs for the things only humans can experience, like love and pain.

No, it's not a real laugh riot like "Cedar Rapids", but we like to mix things up in the back yard. And I feel pretty sure you'll leave feeling good after seeing this film.

Another good thing: The weather looks like it's going to be ideal for an outdoor film. After a couple of days of temperatures flirting with the 100 mark, the movie time temperature will be between 75-78 degrees. Perfect for a night out with friends and a sweet movie.


No comments: